Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Artifact 5

Pocket Watch, 17th Century
This is a picture of the watch I designed as a boy.  I created this innovation was while I was working with my father who was a watch maker.  My innovation allowed watches to be smaller.  One of the watches I made was sold to a mistress of Louis XV.  This was what introduced me to the royal court.

 "Pocket Watch, 17th Century." Victorian Picture Library. Web. 22 Mar 2011. <http://www.victorianpicturelibrary.com/pocket-watch-17th-century>.

2 comments:

  1. These watches are of great design. You obviously had great talent as a young man. Have you continued you work currently? I do hope so because this is truly magnificent. I wished that we would have more interaction when I was a young girl, I would have loved to buy one of these works of art for my own father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting. I must say I admire the fact that you knew how to keep track of time! I could have defiantly used one of these in my early days of writing. I got a bit carried away sometimes, haha. This is also a pretty funny way to be introduced to the court! A very unique way if I do say so myself. We all have our ways though so admire you!

    ReplyDelete